Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Outline for Final Paper

For my final paper, I have decided to interview a an international student from Nepal. I have previously interviewed three students from Sri Lanka. Nepal and Sri Lnaka are located quite close to each other and I believe it will be quite interesting to see if the culture of these two countries are different or similar to each other.

I will use the same questions that I have used in my earlier interviews. The list of questions are :

1)Why did you decide to come to SCSU instead of studying or working in your own country?
2. What was the hardest thing about transitioning to the U.S.?
3.How is your life in the United States different from that in your home country?
4.Were there any difficulties that you faced in school where English is the dominant language?
5. How does the climate in your home country compare to here?
6. What are some cultural differences between your country and here?
7 Who takes care of the finances in your family?
8.How is the education system different here than your home country?
9. What are your personal experiences with racism since coming to the US?
10. What kind of foods did you eat in your country?
11.What do you miss the most about your country?12.How often and through what medium do you get to communicate with your parents?
13.What are your plans after you graduate?
14. How would you summarize your stay so far in the United States?


For my final project, I will have:

  1. Preparation of the Interview
  2. Country background of Nepal
  3. My personal review of the interview
  4. Transcript of the interview

After conducting the interview, I will do a comparative study of the two countries, Sri Lanka and Nepal. will look to identify the similarities and differences that exist between these two countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment